Our Guitar tutors are experienced at teaching beginners to advanced learners in a broad range of musical styles. Many people aren’t sure what they hope to gain from guitar lessons when they first start. We usually recommend complete beginners start off with the introductory course which is specifically designed to cover all the basics in a fun and engaging style.
As students progress with their guitar lessons they often start to form ideas about what they want to learn or have a clearer idea about the direction and style they are most interested in – we have teachers who specialise in all areas of music including: Rock, pop, jazz, song writing, improvisation and theory, and endeavour to match students with a teacher best suited to help them achieve their goals. Our guitar teachers will also provide you with the best advice on how to practice in order for you to achieve your goals.
These guitar lessons are suited to beginners of all ages, tutors take care to select music and activities that are creative, engaging and age appropriate. Typically the introductory course is about 10 weeks long, however teachers work at a pace that matches their students’ needs meaning the course is completed when the student is ready rather than following a strict
The course typically includes:
- Parts of the Guitar
- Technical exercises to establish independence between fingers and develop good technique.
- Learning Open Chords.
- Learn to read Guitar tablature
- Learning famous songs that use only open chords.
- Rhythm and Strumming Patterns.
- Performance pieces – either duets or with backing tracks
- Minor Pentatonic Scale.
- Introduction into Lead Playing
Students can also work through the Grade One Rockschool or Associated Board Grade Syllabus if they are interested in achieving a formal qualification at the end of the introductory period.
This course is suited to Guitarists of all ages who have a basic knowledge of the guitar and the Intermediate guitar lessons cover all abilities between Grade 2-5 standard. Tutors take care to select music and activities that creative, engaging and age appropriate.
The Intermediate guitar lessons are open ended and should lead you into the world of Advanced Guitar Playing.
The course typically includes:
- Technical Exercises: Learn 100s of warm up exercises to improve your dexterity and create fluency in your playing.
- Scale and Chord Development: You will learn how to play and improvise around the whole neck of the guitar. Our Chord Lab worksheets will enable you to play everything from Folk and Rock through to Latin and Jazz
- Sight Reading: Let our experts show you how to read the dots! You will learn how to read Rhythm and Lead charts from experienced show players as well as developing an in depth knowledge of the notes on the guitar.
- Theory: We’ll provide you with all you need to know and how it effects the music we play.
- Improvisation: Tired of playing the same old Blues Solo?! In this area we’ll show you how to make your solos interesting again and make you stand out from the crowd.
- Guitar Legends: This topic looks at the legends of the guitar and will give you an insight into what gave these players such a lasting legacy on guitar playing.
- Solo Techniques: Areas covered in Solo Techniques will include Alternate Picking, Bends, Hammer Ons, Pull Offs, Vibrato and Two Handed Tapping to name but a few.
Students can also work through the Rockschool or Associated Board advanced Grades if they are interested in achieving a formal qualification throughout the intermediate period.
These lessons are for more experienced players that are looking to further their studies and working at a level that is comparable to Grade 6 – 8. We recommend that pupils that decide to move on to the advanced guitar lessons programme should ideally have 40 or 60 minute lessons. This lesson duration is necessary in order to cover all of the material that will be covered in the lessons. If you are new to Love Music School and would like advice about the right teacher for you give us a call and we can talk through the options with no obligation.
MASTER SERIES LESSONS
These lessons are geared towards players who are advanced guitarists or professional players who are looking for that extra bit of inspiration.
The Master Series lessons are aimed towards any musician that is dedicated and not scared of putting in the required practice. They are ideally suited for players trying to study music at a higher level or wish to become professional musicians.
They can be offered in 1 hour, 90 minutes or 2 hour sessions and are taught by some of the very best music teachers in the area.