It’s never been easier to have piano lessons in Brighton! We have outstanding teachers offering piano lessons in all styles of music. Whether you are just starting out, brushing up on what you already know, or looking for a piano teacher to offer more advanced lessons; we have teachers for all ages, interests and abilities. Our piano teachers are qualified and experienced professionals, trained to teach as well as play.
Often students don’t know exactly what they want to do or learn, that’s fine! you may just know you want to play. We often find however that as students progress they often start to form ideas about what they want to learn or have a clearer idea about the direction and style they are most interested in – we have teachers who specialise in all areas of music including: classical, pop, jazz, song writing, improvisation and theory, and endeavour to match students with a teacher best suited to help them achieve their goals.
This course is suited to beginners of all ages, tutors take care to select music and activities that creative, engaging and age appropriate. Typically the introductory course is about 10 weeks long, however teachers work at a pace that matches their students’ needs meaning the course is completed when the student is ready rather than following a strict schedule.
The course typically includes:
- Location of the notes on the piano
- Technical exercises to establish independence between fingers and develop good technique
- Learning to read treble and bass clef music
- Carefully selected pieces in a range of styles
- Chord construction and accompaniment style
- Performance pieces – solos, duets or with backing tracks
- Introduction into improvisation
“I’m having a fantastic time learning piano!”
Sam (Oathall Community College)
“I am really passionate about music and LoveMusic really helps me in my learning!”
George (Haywards Heath)
INTERMEDIATE PIANO LESSONS IN BRIGHTON
Typically, intermediate lessons are for students working between grade 2 and 5 standard. Of course not everyone wants to do grades, many students are focussing on improving their technique and learning how perform the music they love without going through the exams – and that is absolutely fine with our teachers who listen carefully to what you are hoping to achieve. Whether you choose to pursue grades or not, intermediate lessons are designed to build on the skills learnt at the introductory level. Typically this stage will include:
- An extended selection of technical exercises including scales and arpeggios in various musical styles – all of which will help independence between the fingers and hands, increase dexterity and strengthen performance.
- A broad range of music – depending on students musical interests and tastes.
- Pedalling technique: using the sustain and soft pedals
- Sight-reading: developing rhythmic and melodic reading skills through regular exercises.
- Aural listening activities: developing your ability to pick out a tune, identify chords, intervals and rhythmic patterns.
- Increased focus on articulation including: legato, stacatto, accents, sostenuto and sforzando.
- Musical interpretation: learning about and exploring dynamics, tempo and style.
- Theory: gradually introduced as you progress, you will learn about key signatures, time signatures, modulation, chords and much more that will help you progress.
ADVANCED PIANO LESSONS IN BRIGHTON
These lessons are for the more experienced players who are working at a standard equivalent to grades 6-8. At this stage many pupils decide to have a 40 or 60 minute lesson which provides sufficient time to learn more the more challenging and detailed music. Advanced lessons vary according to students aims, we offer classical, jazz and contemporary lessons all of which are delivered by an expert in their field. If you are new to Love Music School and would like advice about the right teacher for you give us a call and we can talk through the options with no obligation.